Thursday, September 5, 2013

Consumer Health Coalition Hosting Two Free Trainings on Affordable Care Act


Consumer Health Coalition is hosting two free trainings on the Affordable Care Act.  If you are uninsured and would like to learn more, or you work for an organization that serves individuals in need of health care, then please attend!  Flyers are attached for distribution.

Friday, September 20, 2013 at the Brashear Association (2005 Sarah Street, Pittsburgh, PA  15203) [Download Flyer]  OR
Monday, September 23, 2013 at Lifespan Knoxville (320 Brownsville Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15210) [Download Flyer]

Both are at 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm (sessions are  the same, please register for one!)

 Please join us to learn about the Affordable Care Act and how individuals can obtain coverage.  RSVP to Leslie at 412-456-1877 x200 or please respond to lbachurski [at] consumerhealthcoalition.org with your date choice.  Space is limited.

At the training you will learn:
  • What is the Affordable Care Act or “Obama Care”?  
  • What is an insurance market place?  When can someone enroll?
  • Why do I have to have health coverage?  What is the penalty?
  • What if I can get insurance through my job?  What if I lose my job?
  • How will I pay for insurance?  Can I keep my Medical Assistance?
  • What are tax subsidies and cost-sharing programs?
  • What if I have pre-existing health conditions?
  • How can I get help choosing the right plan for me?
Special thanks to the Birmingham Foundation for funding support for this work.

No comments:

Post a Comment